The Red iPhone 8
– The thing about all these adventures is Keaton now knows how to drive with his knees. That's how far away we go. (beep) Hey, what's up, guys? Keaton here. So I'm really excited to be making this video. I already told you guys on Snapchat. I'm just @Keaton, if you're not following me. But basically, there are some rumors that Apple might be making a red iPhone. It might be coming out in March with the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus which would be awesome. I know Matt's excited. But maybe there's a red iPhone 8 coming out. Here's the only problem. – What's the problem?
– It doesn't exist. – It doesn't. – So let's make it exist. – Yo, you like wearing sunglasses inside, dawg? – I do like wearing sunglasses inside, dude. So yeah, guys, these are my favorite types of videos to do. I'm so excited to actually do this. Get subscribed to my channel if you're new. And make sure you guys stay tuned to the end of the video 'cause I wanna do another one of these. So here's the deal. There is no red iPhone right now. All we got is pink, silver, jet black, matte black. Anything else, Matt? – No, that's it.
– Pink, silver, and gold. They have a gold one too. They don't have this red one. So I'm thinking in my head, if they come up with a red iPhone, which would look awesome, what kind of red are they gonna make it? Are they gonna make it like a cherry red where it's all glossy? Or are they gonna make it more matte? What are they gonna do? So it doesn't exist right now, but what I wanna do is do my own kinda thing on it. I got an iPhone 7 Plus here.
We're gonna spray paint it and make it red and see how it looks. I'm not ruining another table again. I got cleaning supplies. – I told Keaton whatever mess he makes, he has to clean up. – It's true, I make a lot of messes. I've ruined three tables too, so we're taping it down this time. This table, I'm gonna try to have it make it through 2017. – Thanks to Home Depot. – Thanks to Home Depot. Okay, so here we go. This is the iPhone 7 Plus right now.
I have it in pink. We're spray painting this one red. This is like a cherry red. I think on here they call it apple red. So that's that. Okay, I've done a lot of spray painting videos. Let me know in the comments how you think I am as a graffitier. I don't think I'd make it. I'm not really good with the whole light coats thing. Also, I would tape up this, but to be totally honest, it's gonna be red, it's gonna be fine. So let's do it. Oh, light coats. I already screwed up.
And the table isn't getting ruined! Wow, that looks actually pretty good. I think I crushed it on my spray paint job here. The iPhone 8, dude! The iPhone 8 is gonna be red! That is sick! Okay, so this actually looks really good. I'ma let this dry, then we're gonna see how I did. Woo, I feel good! – Eventually. – Cool, so we're back. It's dried. I think I did a pretty good job, if I can it up. Oh wow, I did a great job.
Look at that, that looks awesome. Imagine this on an iPhone. I think it would look pretty cool. Wow, that looks really good. Like, yeah, I didn't cover up any of the ports, like, whatever. But I know Matt's laughing back there. I just don't care, dude. I just don't care. This looks really, really, really good. So here's the deal. This looks really good, but I want it professionally done. I want something that looks like Apple could have made it. So I found this place about 50 miles away in California, I live in LA,
They make phones happen and make dreams come true. It's like Charlie Chocoly, choc, what? It's Willy, it's Willy– – It's Willy Wonka and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. – Alright, it's Willy Wonka and the Charlie Chocolate Factory. – You lose! Good day, sir! – Um, they make dreams come true. So we're gonna go make the world's first red iPhone. – Hopefully they let us record. – Hopefully they let us record. (brakes squeal) Alright, guys, so they're actually letting us film in here, which is sweet.
I'm in here now and, like, I don't even want the red. I know we're here for the red, we're gonna get the red done, but there are so many other colors. Got, like, a green over there, a matte with a gold, this gold which looks so bougie, so bad and bougie, it looks so awesome. I wanna do a gold iPhone project video, so drop a like on this video. If we hit 50K likes, I know it's a huge goal, I'll do a gold iPhone project video 'cause the gold is so sick. So the red is actually what I'm gonna get. It's like this matte red.
I really want a glossy red, I think that would look even cooler, but they don't have it. This looks awesome, gold is so bougie and so cool. But we're here to change my iPhone. – To red. – To red. Whoa, look at all these colors. Oh, then that's my ugly iPhone there with an even uglier Matt. Here we go! That's the red one we're getting. New case, got it. (ding) Are you ready, dawg?
– Let's do it. – So here's what it looks like, here's the shell. It looks pretty good, it feels awesome. I like this, like, matte finish on here. I have the jet black, so it's, like, hella glossy. But this feels awesome, dude. I actually can't wait. – It's gonna be sick. – It's gonna be lit. This is about, like, an hour away from where we live and the process takes three hours for each phone to get done, so we're just driving around. This place is so beautiful, like, where we're at.
And I've learned how to drive with my knees, which is always interesting. (squeaks) (wind rushing) ♫ Provide the right of type of ♫ Life for my family 'cause, man ♫ These damn food stamps don't buy diapers – Alright, guys, it's done. The world's first red iPhone. It's in this box. Here we go. Oh my god, it's perfect. (brakes squeal) So we're back from the phone adventure. I really like these videos.
They're so much fun. I love the McDonald's straw. All that's stuff's fun. And I got a new one coming up, like, next week, so make you get subscribed. Here's what we got. Basically the box in the store was black. They don't, wouldn't give me the box. Would you give me your iPhone box? Probably not, so I got my own here. Here it is, the first time I'm seeing it. We actually closed it there and I had to drive home and Matt didn't want me using my phone, so yeah, first time we're seeing it. Here we go.
Oh my god. Wow. Look at my hand-eye coordination failure there. Wow, okay, so I know what you're probably thinking. This is a skin. Shout out to the skin companies, I respect what you guys do. They're awesome. This is not a skin. I promise you this is not. This is actual, like, aluminum, it's anodized, if that, if you know what that is. (light brushing)
That is not, it's not a skin. This is actually a backplate. So they took this off, swapped it. This is the original one, the jet black one, my baby, my OG. I can keep this forever, they can swap it out if I ever need to go back to Apple and, like, get it replaced or something like that. So this is it and then I have a Snapchat from my friend Shane. So here are the buttons, here's everything, it's black. I think it looks really good. Let me know in the comments what color combo you think, and I if should get that gold one. Make sure you drop a like on the video.
(clears throat) I don't know why my throat is having a tough day. But yeah, that would be really awesome. (clears throat) So yeah, I just think this looks really sick. I would really love to do the gold video, so please drop a like on this video, a gold iPhone project would look awesome. Here it is, here it is. This looks crazy. This is probably what I think Apple will do for the iPhone 7, maybe the iPhone SE or the iPhone 7 Plus. I think the matte is pretty sweet. No fingerprints, which is kinda nice for a change. A cherry red, the glossy one, like, that I spray painted
Would be sweet. I think this looks cool. Alright, Matt, you wanna show yours? Yeah, come sit on poppy's lap, dude. Come sit on poppy's lap, dude. I wasn't the only one that got my phone done. Matt actually got his, he has an iPhone 7. He had a jet black one too. So they made his white. Show the nice people, show the nice people what you got. – It's a matte white though. – It's a matte white, so it looks pretty sweet. It's kinda like the old iPhone days, if you got one in white– – And black buttons. – Like a 3GS or an iPhone 4 or something.
– With some black buttons and stuff. – Black buttons, it looks pretty cool. It's kinda got that, like, stormtrooper effect. – It's gonna get really dirty. – It's gonna get really dirty and if he drops it, it's, it's game over. – Yeah. – So yeah, guys, that's been our trip for the red iPhone 8 video. If you guys are new to my channel, make sure you get subscribed. I got another video kinda like this coming up real soon. Thank you so much dashie jr and Harsh for having my notifications on. If you guys want a notification shout out,
Ring that bell and let me know in the comments that you've done it. Just turn my YouTube notifications on. If you guys find any other weird gadgets, tweet me @techsmartt. (bird squawking) And I'm gonna go love my red iPhone now. Peace, guys. What'd you find, Matt? – So we got a, this is a special egg. It's the magical egg, it never falls out. (Keaton laughs) It might also be open.