I Got a Nintendo Switch…Did You?
– I just got up. It is 11 at night. We're about to go get a Nintendo Switch. Let's do it. So yeah, basically the reason why I'm so tired is I took a nap, like, for three hours. It's really late, had a super long day. But we're gonna get the Nintendo Switch. I'm really excited. Actually, one of you guys got a Nintendo Switch. Since I didn't have a pre-order, one of you guys got a pre-order named Sosa. He's awesome, he's a subscriber. So he has it on lock for us, he's just gonna give us his. I can't even believe it's happening, but we're gonna go get a Nintendo Switch.
We need an escort to get the new Nintendo Switch. That's what we're doing right now. – Are you going? – I'm just wearing my sunglasses 'cause I look like a complete zombie. We just found police in the elevator and I asked for an escort. To like, where we're going to get the Nintendo Switch. It's like a 20 minute drive, we're probably gonna be late because it opens up at midnight, and that's when they give 'em all out. An escort would've been cool. I tried. – Can you mind the light? – Please don't crash the car.
Just don't crash the car. – I won't. (laughing) – Please don't crash it. Alright. – You need some light? I gotcha! – No! – I gotcha with the flashlight on my phone. – Please don't crash the car. – I'm not gonna crash, don't worry. – It's Thursday night at 11:40, and we actually didn't have any idea how we were gonna get a Nintendo Switch until like, this Wednesday, this Thursday.
– I thought we could just show up. – People are just looking at me on the highway. Yeah, basically we thought we could just show up. – This is the first time ever we are getting something for retail. I'm so excited. And it's Thursday. Like, we're getting one early, you know? – Yeah, we are. – This thing comes out tomorrow, like officially. – That puts some respect on the TechSmart name. – That's it, put some respect on it! All I'm saying is the Red Bull hit me and that's just one. I'm going with two Red Bulls tonight.
Basically, I'm getting really excited. I think we're getting the gray color 'cause the neon is like, too sold out. I really wanted the neon. But now I'm like, actually starting to get excited. I haven't play the Wii in forever. And is that a police officer? Are you joking me? Are you joking me, sir? ("Midnight City" By M83) Alright, so it's midnight right now. We just got to Best Buy. We're with Shane. He's one of our friends. Shane is security in case anyone tries to jump us
For our Xbox One. I really don't wanna find out my Xbox One got lost after waiting in this long line. Alright, so we just got here. It's fine, it's pretty quiet. We don't actually know where the person that got us the Nintendo Switch is, so maybe we're not getting one. Hopefully we get one in gray, I'm happy with that. Neon would be awesome. – What's your name? – My name is Josh. – Alright, where you from, Josh? – California. – Got you.
What color Nintendo Switch you getting? Or did you come for the Xbox? – I came for the Switch. – We came for the Xbox. – I didn't know there was an Xbox coming out. – Yeah, no, of course dude. The Xbox One-Three, the One-Three. It's gonna be lit. Xbox 13. – Are they out? – Did you get it? (laughs) – He threw up the three, though. – They got the One-Three. – He got the three, though.
– So there's not actually an Xbox coming out. I'm just trying to mess everyone up, and a few people are believing it. Like this little kid here. There's an Xbox coming out, Johnny. We're almost to the front of the line. It's like, what, I had to do that with my nose. It's like 12:11, not bad. We are moving. How are you, random person that I just met? You're good, you're good, are you excited? – I'm so excited. – Are you excited for the new Playstation? – I'm very excited for the new Playstation. – They got one.
They got the Switch. Oh my God! Matt, they got one. Okay, so here's what I just realized. The line that we're in is the pre-order line. That line is if you don't have a pre-order. That line's out the door, like there's probably 250 people that don't have a pre-order. If they have that many, that'd be really sweet. Oh my God, we actually got a neon one instead. What? I thought we were getting a gray one. Oh my God, it's the colored one. Thank you. This is Sosa.
He's the one that made this all happen. Please go check out his channel and I'll leave a link down below. Better they sold me this for retail. Thank you dude. But I think this car wants to go. I'll let you get out of here. – You know who he is? – What's good? – They said "I love your videos." – Thank you so much. That's so sick! So here's what we got. So what'd we get? – Pretty much, we got Super Bomber Man.
The pro controller. – And more joycons? – Oh yeah, more joycons. – Is it joycon or controller? Let me know in comments the official name. It says joycon, but like, I don't know, it's just really a controller. Dude, this is so sick. Oh my God. Is this game good, or is Zelda better? – You can play with eight people, so apparently it's good. – Okay, it's gotta be good. If you wanna come over, we got you dude. We got you.
– That'd be badass. – Alright guys, we're back. I'm so excited, we got a Nintendo Switch. I'm with Shane. So basically, we got really lucky. We found someone on Craigslist that happened to be a subscriber and he sold us this for retail, which is $330 bucks. But basically, how to get one. If you didn't line up at 12:01, you're obviously just seeing this video. Like Shane. Shane tried to just line up the normal way, didn't have a pre-order. He didn't get one.
That happened at like, Best Buy and Walmart. Luckily, Target is having them in-store at 8:00 a.m. But this video's coming out a little later, sorry. Unless you follow me on Snapchat, you would've known that already, I'm just @Keaton if you wanna follow me. But yeah, eight a.m. so unless you can read minds, that's that. Game Stop has two bundles that come with a game, the actual Switch and a pro controller for like 430 bucks. – Not bad. – Not bad, it's not that bad. This goes for 330, but the other option you can do is Craigslist. That's how we got ours, and he just happened to be a really awesome person and sell it to us for retail.
The max you're gonna pay is like 400 to 450, so yeah, you're paying 100 to 150 more, but you're getting it. It seems really sick, so let's open it. I haven't seen this yet, this is insane. So I'll get the Switch out first, the tablet. – Look at that thing. – This legit feels like an iPhone. It's not that much bigger. So here's my iPhone. Here's the Switch. It's not that big, right? – It's not that big at all. – Alright, here are the joycons. I'm just gonna call them a controllers.
You can get mad at me, it's whatever. These are so tiny. I'm so happy we got the neon one. I thought we were getting the black and gray one. That's what everyone was telling me. This is awesome. Oh dude, they're so clicky! What? They're so awesome. Dude, I'm gonna throw these so fast. These are gonna be like throwing knives, like on a plane or whatever or wherever I'm playing this. Alright, what else we get? The Switch dock, that's cool. Oh, other controller.
So this is like, I'm calling this the wannabe controller. So you just click the joycons in there. – There it is. – Oh, that is a nice noise. That sounds great. Oh, that is nice. Check that out. That feels awesome, the buttons are so clicky. Feel that, Shane. That's pretty nice. That's pretty good. You got HDMI cable, you got pretty much everything you need to get set up. Sweet! We got some extra joycons so other people can play.
And then we got this pro controller, which I kinda wanna just check out. Also, drop a like on this video. Shane, how many likes should we try to shoot for? – Let's go 4,000. – 4,000 likes and we'll do a second video. It's gonna be a banger, so make that happen. This is a pro controller, it kinda feels like an Xbox or PS4 controller. I don't do a lot of gaming stuff, but doesn't feel too bad. Seems basic. – It looks good. – It's about like a $60 controller. And then the game we got is Super Bomber Man. This, it's pretty much this or Zelda.
– You gotta play with your friends. – You gotta play with your friends. This is eight players, so it works. So we finally got the Nintendo Switch working. These things are actually pretty sick, wouldn't you say? – They're pretty sick. – Go check one out, I think you'll like it. I really wish we got Zelda and not Super Bomber Man. I'll be the first to say that. I really, I'm not into this. I'm not into this. So, I can't wait for Mario Kart? So yeah guys, that's it for this video. This video was awesome. I'll be the first to say that.
Thank you so much Struwex and Sunita for being this video's notification shout out. I'm definitely doing that other video. I have a simple plan for some cool stuff with the Switch. So make sure you guys are subscribed. If you are new, I upload four new videos every single week. Tweet me @techsmartt if you guys find anything else weird or just want to know if this thing is even cool. I'll tell you guys over this weekend. And yeah, I'm gonna go beat Mario now. It's a-me! – We're here in Times Square. Where's TM? There he is, can't miss him.